About the Issues
For too long, Michigan has been in a downward spiral of decay. Our infrastructure, manufacturing, cities, and, most importantly, our great state's residents have suffered due to the failure of our Michigan lawmakers to move our state forward.
In the past, Michigan introduced many of our nation's "firsts." The first roadside park, first four-way traffic light, and the first mass production moving assembly lines. As that list grew, Michigan proved itself to be driven by important industry and manufacturing that became a beacon of prosperity within America. Michigan soon developed into a state where people could build their homes, families, and their livelihoods. It is now time to put Michigan's residents and Michigan's best interests at the forefront as they once were.
Alec Findlay, a home-grown native of Mason, Michigan, intends to do just that. Findlay's proposed policies would help Michigan once again become a beacon of American prosperity. He intends to do this by introducing legislation that would:
1) Place harsher restrictions and penalties on businesses that pollute our State's beautiful rivers and lakes.
2) Encourage economic development by giving tax breaks to new and existing manufacturing plants located in Michigan. Encourage new technological advancements and investment within the state.
3) Work to end the discrimination against LGBTs in Michigan and campaign to give everyone the same rights granted to heterosexuals.
4) Tackle the issue of gender-based discrimination regarding equal pay for women.
5) Focus efforts on rebuilding Michigan's aging infrastructure.
6) Revitalize Detroit by introducing tax breaks to families as well as businesses who decide to settle there. As well as introducing new modern building projects while restoring Detroit's historic infrastructure.
7) Increase the budget for public education and ensure Michigan retains and attracts the best and brightest teachers and students.
8) Ensure the maintenance of our State's gorgeous landscape by designating more land as natural habitats.
9) Encourage tourism through an expanded use of social media and advertisement and revitalization of historic and cultural areas.
10) Reform campaign financing in order to make the real and important issues and needs of Michigan's residents heard instead of only the millionaires who invest in lawmaker's campaigns.
It is time to revitalize Michigan. A 2016 vote for Findlay is a vote for a forward, more prosperous Michigan.
Forward Findlay, Forward Michigan.